The University of Guelph’s College of Business and Economics and Centre for Business and Student Enterprise (CBaSE) are pleased to host the annual conference of the Canadian Council for Small Business and Entrepreneurship (CCSBE) in Guelph, Ontario.
Entrepreneurs, educators, policy makers, business owners, students, and others interested
in promoting small business and entrepreneurship are encouraged to attend this event.
Submissions should be made in Microsoft Word format. PDF formats will not be accepted. These should not exceed two (2) single-spaced pages with 1” margins in Times New Roman 12pt font, and should include:
- Topic(s) Discussed – a list of topics discussed will suffice
- And either:
- Abstract – abstracts should clearly state the purpose, method and expected
findings of the study and be no more than 500 words in length; or,
- Presentation/Workshop/Panel Summary – should describe the format and
content of the presentation, workshop or panel and should be no more
than 500 words in length.
Submissions Due: Feb. 5th
Notification of Acceptance: Feb. 26th
100-word Program Summary Due: Mar. 11th
Full Paper or Extended Abstract Due: Apr. 15th
Submissions should be emailed as an attachment with the subject “CCSBE Conference Administration” and sent to email@example.com. Please include the full name(s), title(s), organization(s) represented of all authors/presenters/facilitators in the email body.
Tracks are dependent on paper themes, and may include:
Gender and Enterprise
Social, Environmental and Ethical Enterprise
Business creation and innovation
For more information on the submission guidelines,
The University of Guelph, the College of Business and Economics and the Centre for Business and Student Enterprise (CBaSE) look forward to hosting the upcoming CCSBE 2016 conference, scheduled to take place May 25-27th, 2016.
The University of Guelph’s business school’s vision is to create Leaders for a Sustainable World, an extension of that would be to enforce business as a force for good. At Guelph, we believe it is our social responsibility to properly prepare our graduates to be active, engaged and contributing members of society. Entrepreneurialism plays a key role in that it helps to better our students whether they are building their own business, or helping someone else build theirs.
Our approach for this conference will be utilizing innovative and entrepreneurial approaches to navigating the continuum between traditional and social business practices along with curricular and co-curricular programming to meet multiple stakeholder needs across research, practice and policy platforms. Possible tracks within streams include:
- Enterprise education
- Gender and Enterprise
- Rural Enterprise
- Social, Environmental and Ethical Enterprise
- International Entrepreneurship
- Business creation and innovation
Greetings from the ICSB Immediate Past President, Dr. Jeffrey R. Alves.
One of my roles as the Immediate Past-President is the chairing of the Nominating Committee for the next slate of officers. We have made the election process as transparent as possible; and it follows Article VII; Sections 4, 5, and 6 of the International Council for Small Business (ICSB) By-Laws.
I ask that all ICSB members please take a moment and VOTE for the individuals who will drive the organization to next level in 2015-2016! The deadline to submit a ballot is May 7, 2015.
The current ICSB Board of Directors are:
- President – Ruben Ascua (Argentina)
- President-Elect – Ki-Chan Kim (S.Korea)
- Immediate Past-President – Jeffrey Alves (USA)
- Senior Vice-President, Finance & Control – Geralyn Franklin (USA)
- Senior Vice-President, Development – Luca Iandoli (Europe)
- Affiliate Representative – Alex DeNoble (USA)
- Affiliate Representative – Lu Feicheng (China)
- Affiliate Representative – Sandra Altner (Canada)
- Affiliate Representative – Helle Neergaard (Europe)
- Affiliate Representative – Ki-Chan Kim (Korea)
- Wilford White Fellows and Past-President Representative – G. Dale Meyer (USA)
- Vice-President, Historian – J. Hanns Pichler (Europe)
This year’s election is the second to occur under the new Board structure and the only position open for this year’s election is President-Elect. The positions of SVP, Finance & Control and SVP, Development carry two (2) year terms and were elected last year.
Members can vote online via this form, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax/mail to the ICSB International Office (IO) at 202-994-4930.
Please note: The deadline to submit a ballot is May 7, 2015.