CONFERENCES & MEETINGS
MSME Forum at the UN
“Creating a Shared Future for Entrepreneurs and Micro-, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises in the framework of the UN Sustainable Development Goals”
United Nations, New York| May 12nd, 2018.
The global outlook has changed dramatically for entrepreneurs, start-ups, Micro-, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs) worldwide. They now are the central economic topic for many governments around the world.
The launch of the successful MSMEs Internatoonal Day was a powerful reinforcement of their global impact. However, divergent initiatives, programs, messages, and policies fragment the potential for a global movement led by MSMEs. This forum will lay the foundation for a common global narrative on how MSMEs can make their major impact in leading and achieving the SDGs.
read more >>
ICSB World Congress in
“Reshaping The World Through Innovative SMEs”
Taipei, Taiwan | June 26th–June 29th, 2018.
Every year, ICSB holds a Congress in a different area of the world to bring together practitioners, academics, and entrepreneurs to discuss medium, small, and micro-sized enterprises. The theme of the 2018 World Congress to be held in Taipei, Taiwan is “Reshaping the World Through Innovative SMEs,” which reaffirms the unshakable responsibility of SMEs in leading the world to the coming decades.
read more >>
“New Frontiers in Entrepreneurship and the Definition of Work”
Washington DC, United States | October 26th- October 27th, 2018.
The George Washington University School of Business will host the 8th Annual GW October Entrepreneurship Research and Policy Conference. The conference theme will be New Frontiers in Entrepreneurship and the Definition of Work. The conference will bring together practitioners, educators, policy makers and industry CEOs and leaders to explore the concept of the new entrepreneurial frontiers like automation and universal basic income – identifying key stakeholders and how they can collaborate for success. We will discuss specific examples where pioneering growth in these new entrepreneurial frontiers are taking place.
read more >>
PREVIOUS ICSB WORLD CONFERENCES
• 2017 62nd Annual ICSB World Conference. Hosts: ICSB, RED PYMES. Buenos Aires, Argentina. Theme: Towards a new world mobilized by innovative SMEs and Entrepreneurs.
• 2016 61st Annual ICSB World Conference. Hosts: ICSB, United Nations Global Compact, Stevens Institute of Technology, and the NYU School of Professional Studies. NJ/NY, USA. Theme: Sustainable Entrepreneurship – Transforming Our World Together.
• 2015. 60th Annual ICSB World Conference. Host: ICSB & The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU). Dubai, UAE. Theme: Entrepreneurship at a Global Crossroads.
• 2014. 59th Annual ICSB World Conference. Host: Dublin Institute of Technology & ECSB. Dublin, Ireland. Theme: Entrepreneurship and Sustainability.
• 2013. 58th Annual ICSB World Conference. Host: ICSB Puerto Rico and the Caribbean. Ponce, Puerto Rico. Theme: Global-Local: Innovation & Entrepreneurship Lessons from a Diverse World.
• 2012. 57th Annual ICSB World Conference. Host: Massey University & SEAANZ. Wellington, New Zealand. Theme: Leading From The Edge: Through Collaboration, Creativity and Sustainability.
• 2011. 56th Annual ICSB World Conference. Host: Swedish Entrepreneurship Forum & ECSB. Stockholm, Sweden. Theme: Back to the Future: Changes in Perspectives of Global Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
• 2010. 55th Annual ICSB World Conference. Host: University of Cincinnati Center for Entrepreneurship Education & Research. Cincinnati, Ohio USA. Theme: Entrepreneurship: Bridging Global Boundaries.
• 2009. 54th Annual ICSB World Conference. Host: ICSB KOREA. Seoul, South Korea. Theme: The Dynamism of Small Business: Theory, Practice, and Policy.
• 2008. 53rd Annual ICSB World Conference. Host: CCSBE. Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. Theme: Advancing Small Business and Entrepreneurship: From Research to Results.
• 2007. 52nd Annual ICSB World Conference. Host: ECSB. Turku, Finland. Theme: At the Crossroads of East and West: New Opportunities for Entrepreneurship and Small Business.
• 2006. 51st Annual ICSB World Conference. Host: SEAANZ. Melbourne, Australia. Theme: Unique Solutions for Unique Environments.
• 2005. 50th Annual ICSB World Conference. Host: USASBE. Washington, DC. Theme: Golden Opportunities for Entrepreneurship.
• 2004. 49th Annual ICSB World Conference. Host: SAESBA. Johannesburg, South Africa. Theme: Advancing the SME Agenda.
• 2003. 48th Annual ICSB World Conference. Host: ECSB, Invest Northern Ireland & University of Ulster. Belfast, Northern Ireland. Theme: Advancing Entrepreneurship and Small Business.
• 2002. 47th Annual ICSB World Conference. Host: ICSB Puerto Rico and the Caribbean. San Juan, Puerto Rico. Theme: Entrepreneurial SMEs & Strategic Relationships: Making the Connection.
• 2001. 46th Annual ICSB World Conference. Host: ICSB-ROC. Taipei, Taiwan. Theme: SMEs in a Traditional-and-New Mixed Era.
• 2000. 45th Annual ICSB World Conference. Host: SEAANZ. Brisbane, Australia. Theme: Entrepreneurial SMEs: Engines of Growth in the New Millennium.
GWU School of Business
2201 G. Street, NW Funger Hall Suite 315 Washington, DC 20052 USA
Phone: +1 202 994-0704 Fax: +1 202 994-4930