Announcing the ICSB Humane Entrepreneurship Award
The International Council for Small Business (ICSB) is pleased to announce the inaugural Humane Entrepreneurship Awards. These awards seek to spotlight and empower those small and medium-sized enterprises that have successfully navigated between business excellence and employee empowerment, while also making positive impacts on their communities.
This award was created to support and promote the 2030 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in 2015. Sustainable development encompasses a set of actions designed to meet the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. According to the SDGs, intentional efforts must be made to underscore the need for an inclusive, sustainable, and resilient future for people and the planet. Therefore, it is essential that businesses harmonize economic growth, social inclusion, and environmental protection.
As governments are increasingly concerned with sustainable economic growth, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) understand that they must expand their priorities beyond the profit margin in order to become effective partners for growth and social stability. SMEs that adopt humane entrepreneurship principles are the pillars from which sustainable development can be achieved in today’s society.
- Small and medium-sized businesses that have been in operation since 2013.
- Enterprises that empower their employees to help improve the community, while simultaneously improving the performance of the firm.
- Enterprises that demonstrate how they are achieving at least one of the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Enterprises that bring innovative solutions to the marketplace.
- Enterprises that excel in customer service and satisfaction.
- Enterprises that have a unique and sustainable business strategy.
Who can apply?
- Been profitable for the past 24 months and can provide simplified certified financial reports to be reviewed by the Committee Chair.
- Be able to travel to the United Nations for the Humane Entrepreneurship (HE) Award Ceremony, from June 26-28, 2019 (all expenses must be covered by individual firms and no grants are available).
- Be able to present in English, Spanish, or French at the United Nations.
System for nomination, evaluation, and selection of award winners
- Complete the online nomination form no later than May 27, 2019.
- A first-round selection panel of judges will review all nominations by May 31, 2019, and will follow-up with email correspondence on selection.
- If selected as an award finalist by the selection panel, provide simplified financial reports no later than June 5, 2019.
- Final Judging Point System
May 6, 2019: Call for Nominations for the Humane Entrepreneurship Award
May 27, 2019: Close of Nominations for the Humane Entrepreneurship Award
May 31, 2019: Announcement of the Humane Entrepreneurship Award Country Finalists
June 26-28, 2019: Award Humane Entrepreneurship Award Country Ambassadors at the United Nations
Humane Entrepreneurship Award
GWU School of Business
2201 G. Street, NW Funger Hall Suite 315 Washington, DC 20052 USA
Phone: +1 202 994-0704 Fax: +1 202 994-4930