JICSB Special Issue: Sustainable Entrepreneurship
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, adopted by the United Nations in 2015, addresses the most pressing challenges of our time, such as climate change and COVID-19, social injustice, human rights, and economic growth. Incorporating the sustainable development goals (SDGs) into society’s fabric is essential for just and equitable sustainable development for all. The SDGs purpose is to stimulate everyone, from governments, businesses, NGOs, citizens, and other stakeholders, to accelerate actions that benefit the people and the planet, by fostering actions and partnerships at all levels, so no one is left behind. And since MSMEs are the foundation of our economies and society, they are at the critical leading edge of the UN’s sustainable development initiative.
Sustainable entrepreneurs are our best hope to achieve the SDGs, working within a network of like-minded visionaries, innovators, and troubleshooters. This Special Issue of the Journal of the International Council for Small Business (JICSB) aims to document cases of sustainable entrepreneurship across the world and to accelerate knowledge about what works and could be amplified.
Prof. Analia Pastran
Exec Director of Smartly, Social Entrepreneurship on SDGs
Ph. D. Chantal Line Carpentier
Chief of UNCTAD New York
Ph. D. Adnane Maalaoui
Managing Director IPAG Entrepreneurship Center
Call Opens May 2020
Call Ends October 2020
Publication date January 2021
Prof. Analia Pastran: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ph. D. Adnane Maalaoui: email@example.com
Paper Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at JICSB Sustainable Entrepreneurship, click here to go to the submission form. Papers can be submitted until the deadline, 1 October 2020 by midnight. They should be limited to 10 pages per article, answer the so-what question, indicate how it ties to the SDGs, and how we can leverage more research.
All papers will be approved by the Special Editors, Prof. Analia Pastran, Dr. Chantal Line Carpentier and Dr. Adnane Maalaoui. Accepted papers will be published in the JICSB’s special issue (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website.
Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except as conference proceedings papers).
Please have in mind the following steps to submit your paper:
1. JICSB Guidelines for authors can be found at https://www.tandfonline.com/action/authorSubmission?show=instructions&journalCode=ucsb20.
2. Submit a Paper Proposal to JICSB Sustainable Entrepreneurship (click here).
3. There is a dedicated track titled “Sustainable Entrepreneurship” in which you can associate your paper.
4. We will review the paper and we will recognize some articles in the ICSB World Congress 2021.
5. All the Editors of the Special Issue (Prof. Analia Pastran, Dr. Chantal Line Carpentier, Dr. Adnane Malaui) will be at the ICSB 2021 Congress to give the recognition awards to the authors.
Keyword and topics:
- MSME policy supporting the UN SDGs
- Sustainable Entrepreneurship
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Contributions from private sector to achieve the Sustainable Development
- Humane entrepreneurship and SDGs
- Social Entrepreneurship and SDGs
- MSMEs and SDGs
- Economic development initiatives supporting SDGs
- NGO or government policy supporting SDGs
- Inclusive entrepreneurship
- Disadvantage entrepreneurship