Fachhochschule für Ökonomie und Management (FOM)
Dr. Hartmut-Heinrich Meyer
Professor of Business Administration and Entrepreneurship at FOM
Who We Are
Offering professionals the chance to gain a state-recognized university degree without having to give up work or restrict their professional activity – this has been the objective of FOM University of Applied Sciences since its foundation in 1993.
Alongside professionals from all sectors of industry and with varying functions, trainees wishing to combine in-company training with a Bachelor degree course as part of a dual study programme also study at the internationally oriented university. To enable both professionals and trainees to optimally combine study and work, lectures are held in the evenings and at weekends. Many courses can also be taken on two days a week during the day.
- FOM University of Applied Sciences offers prospective students numerous ways to gain a university degree while they continue to work.
- Professionals with a university entrance qualification can take a “traditional” Bachelor course in seven semesters.
- Alternatively, professionals with or without a university entrance qualification can gain a Bachelor degree at the Open Business School department as part of a three-phase model.
- Professionals with an initial university degree can obtain their Master’s degree, including the internationally renowned MBA, in four semesters.
- High school graduates completing in-company training can study at the Dual Studies Department parallel to their training programmes.
- Professionals from the health and social services sector can study at the Health & Social Management department
- For professionals in technical professions, FOM concentrates its engineering courses in the Engineering department.
Specialist for work and study programmes
With 55,000 students, FOM is Germany’s biggest private institute of higher education. It has been accredited by the German Council of Science and Humanities, Germany’s most important advisory body for science policy. At the beginning of 2012, FOM was also the first private university in Germany to be accredited as an institution by the FIBAA (Foundation for International Business Administration Accreditation). This seal of approval from one of the world’s most important higher education assessment agencies proves that FOM’s quality management satisfies the highest international standards.
FOM is supported by the non-profit Stiftung BildungsCentrum der Wirtschaft. Experienced lecturers from the academic world and industry give on-site lectures at 33 study centres throughout Germany and in Vienna/Austria. FOM University of Applied Sciences is headquartered in Essen. The university is consequently under the supervision of the Ministry of Innovation, Science and Research of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia.
View website here